A BIT OF A SCARE

First of all, let me say, I am an early riser, therefore I usually go to bed early.  Two nights ago, I awoke (around 9:30) to find a man with a flashlight standing over me.  In my sleepy daze I said something like "What are you doin?"  

Before full panic set in, the man quickly responded "I am with the Sheriff's department.  You're neighbors were concerned about you."

Evidently I had forgotten to shut my garage door and when my neighbor, Bud came into the apartment and called my name to inform me of my error, he got no response.  (I wear my earbuds at night and listen to the radio. Most likely I was sound asleep and simply didn't hear him)  He promptly called the police and they responded.

I quickly threw on some clothes and followed the officer downstairs where Maureen (Bud's wife)
threw her arms around me and said "Oh, LaRue, we were so worried about you." I apologized profusely, (She had Bud on her cell phone) then I thanked the officer and the night returned to normal.

It took a little time to get back to sleep but when I did, I slept peacefully knowing that I had such good and caring neighbors.   I love them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR