ANNETTE FOR HALLOWEEN

When I was in my early twenties, one of the first Halloween parties I ever attended in NYC was in Greenwich Village at the apartment of my agent at the time, a funny, friendly woman named Francie Hidden.  Everyone (mostly her clients and a few of her neighbors) was told to come as a celebrity.

Because I had access to a black pleated skirt and a curly black wig (supplied by a girl friend at the time) I chose to go as Annette Funicello.  I bought a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt, some stick-on lettering (to spell Annette just below the neck) and borrowed a pair of Mickey Mouse ears from a neighbor who had just returned from Disneyland.   Then to complete the picture, a pair of inflated balloons (Annette had a rather large bosum).
Putting it all together, (with mascara and lipstick) I looked quite a lot like her except for one thing...….so I got out the black liquid shoe polish and darkened my moustache.   It was a hit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR