A BRUSH WITH NUDITY

Long before Burt Reynolds did his famous centerfold for "Cosmopolitan" magazine,  I bared it all as well.

In the late 60's, I had two dear friends named Tod and Bob.   They were co-owners with two other guys of an antique store called Cellar Four (Four, for the four of them, Cellar because it was one flight down from the street) on West 46th or 47th just off Eight Avenue in NYC.

They held cocktail parties near the end of each day as they were closing shop and it was always a fun time to mingle with friends who would drop by.

They had wonderful antiques, some genuine and some "tweeked" by Bob with perhaps a bit of decoupage on an old wooden box.   And they were into the "Victorian" style.


Early on, they acquired an antique photo album and began to photograph their friends as if they had lived in that era for inclusion into the album.  Everyone thought it was an honor to be asked to appear in the pages of their book.

Approached to be included in the book, I readily agreed. On the day of the photo session (to be shot in Tod's red damask-covered bedroom), I arrived full of curiosity as to how they would costume me.  I had seen friends in handle bar mustaches worthy of a barbershop quartet and female friends dressed as maids and even ladies of ill-repute.  "What am I wearing?" I inquired.

They informed me that they had decided to recreate the "French postcard" of the era.   And so, I took my place upon a wonderful four-poster bed and made it into the album.

Fools rush in.............










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR