THE EYES HAVE IT

The eyes are the window to the soul, I've been told (Shakespeare said it first).  Well, my friends my windows need cleaning!

I have been battling Glaucoma more years than I care to remember.  I've done every drop and eye  insert imaginable.  I've had laser surgery numerous times on each eye (to relieve the pressure) and that has worked fine in the past.  But here comes old age.

All of the drops and laser beams have run their course.   So, according to my doctor, we have to go for the real thing, later this month.(the 24th)  Real "stitch in time" stuff.  We are doing the right eye first,  (left to follow in due time).   I am not looking forward to it.

No driving for the first 24 hours.  Recovery time is six weeks, blurred vision will occur, stitches in the eyes will feel like I have an eyelash floating there. Post-op appointment every week.   No bending over.   I'm not sure how I'm going to clean the cat pan.   My friend Jeannie is loaning me her "Pick something up stick."   So, I can at least retrieve my newspapers from the driveway.  I'm sure other problems will occur along the way.    And thoughts or ideas?  Good wishes are also accepted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR