SOTHERN LIGHTS





My second outing with Ann Sothern was a production of "Barefoot in the Park."   As I have said before she was a genuine pro as well as a genuine joy to work with.   Mine was the small part of a delivery man who was extremely winded after climbing five flights to the newlyweds apartment.  (Ms. Sothern played the mother-in- law and we had no scenes together.)  Be that as it may, I was always aware that she was watching me from the "wings" and always had a kind word of encouragement.

I was the assistant stage manager on the show and also did the lighting design with the technical assistant, Bruce Candy.  I can't recall why we were assigned this task but it was my only foray into that field of production.

Upon the shows closing, Ann gave me the obligatory signed photo, along with a kiss on the cheek and the parting words,
"Thanks for making the old girl look good." 

It was my pleasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR