SISTERLYLOVE AND THE BOYS ON THE BRONCS



My mother (on the left, above) and my Aunt Grace were very close (and the two youngest of all their siblings).   And of course living in the same small town didn't hurt either.   Looking back now, I realize how much my mother looked up to her slightly older sister.   

For instance, when my cousin Jerome made a recording at a very early age overseen by an older cousin who could do such things, it only followed that I would be required to do the same.   I don't think envy was involved, just following the leader.  I remember the songs I sang (I was five). They were "Don't Fence me in" and "Accentuate the Positive."  The exact same songs Jerome had recorded the year previously.

When Jerome and his parents went to Colorado on vacation,  the next year my family went to Colorado on vacation.   The following are two photos commemorating those trips.

Jerome is on the left and I am on the right.   And that is a very brief summary of the love between two sisters. One, a leader and one who loved to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR