GARY AS SAMMY


In 1966, (I think) I was in a production of "What Makes Sammy Run" with Gary Crosby as the star. While I don't remember much about the production (that's me on the left with Gary at the desk) it was not one of my favorite shows.   Gary, as dear as he tried to be had a certain sadness about him and at times it was almost palpable.  Other times, he could be the life of the party.   I don't know what he was going through in his private life, but he seemed a troubled man and I felt sorry for him.  That being said, it never showed on stage.  He was a true professional and had the Crosby talent i.e. a terrific singer.  He deserved better that the lot he got in life.   And, finally, he was one of the few that didn't give out autographed photos.
Sad!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR