DICK'S BABY BROTHER

When I did a production of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" our star was the wonderful Jerry Van Dyke.

I think that's me with my arms outstretched toward Honey Sanders in the "Brotherhood of Man" number.   My long time friend, Joel Conrad was also in the show and we doubled as two cleaning ladies (Zsa Zsa and Jackie) and thankfully no pictures exist.  Just think Carol Burnett only much worse.

The show was great fun to do (in fact I did it a second time with Robert Q Lewis) but the Van Dyke was my favorite.  Jerry was very quick witted and funny.  He had yet to achieve his biggest hit on the TV show "Coach," but you knew he would achieve more that his past outings in some of the "Beach Blanket" type movies.

I remember asking him one time if he had learned anything from his older brother Dick.  He replied with a wink,  "Kiddo, I taught him everything he knows."    That was Jerry.   Great guy!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR