PAPER DOLLS

I remember Betty Grable, Esther Williams, Debbie Reynolds, Shirley Temple.....the list goes on and on.  And I often wondered why there were no men paper dolls.   Then, lo and behold, one appeared....Rock Hudson.


Soon after, there was Ricky Nelson, Edd (Kookie) Byrnes, and even Clark Gable.  I used to peruse them at the "five and dime" when I was a kid.  It's that Hollywood  thing I had.

Fade out, Fade in.....Years later, when we moved to Warwick, New York (our country house) the previous tenants left something behind and I still have it to this day.  I don't know how rare it is, but it's a treasure to my movie star mind.  Published in 1939, two years before I was born, it's in better shape than I am!     (I also confess that I bought some Miss Piggy paper dolls just for fun and thought about starting a collection.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR