JUDY, JEROME AND NYC

 My wonderful cousin, Judy Niebaum, was married last weekend and although I couldn't attend, I couldn't be happier for her.  So, in her honor and new husband Dave, I repost this story from an earlier time and hope I will have many memories of  the newlyweds.

My dear cousin, Jerome Niebaum, and his equally dear wife, Judy, visited NYC, now and then, when we lived there.  The first time that I remember, I went with them to the top of the Empire State building with their children, Richard and Jerri who were still in grade school, I think.

As the years passed, the children went off to pursue their own lives, but my "Jeromeo and Judiette." (as they christened themselves) continued to come back on occasion.  (Sometimes it was work related and once they even sang in a chorale at Carnegie Hall!)  And over the years, we saw a few Broadway musicals together, "Crazy For You" and "Contact" come to mind.

But, to the point of this entry......I don't recall if we had been to the theater or out to dinner or whatever.  But we ended up  in Times Square to see the lights.   Fabian offered to take a picture of us (on their camera) and we obliged.  Mind you, this was before a phone could take a picture so you had to wait to see what the camera had captured.

Some time later we received this photo in the mail.  From left to right, myself, Judy, Jerome and an unknown man who walked by just as Fabian snapped the picture.



Attached to the above was a note from Judy.   "Fabian - I love this picture (of the four of us) (Tho it is hard to get "Uncle Pete" to smile.)"

We loved it, too.  And, unlike Uncle Pete, we smiled.  Actually, we laughed!  Thanks Judy! You're the best and always will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR