AT THE BEGINNING

Having appeared at grade school functions, (singing, "Singin' in the Rain" complete with twirling umbrella and accompanied by my Aunt Grace on the piano), it was only a matter of time till I hit the stage in a genuine role.

Well, it took a little time.....It was High School.   The play was a one-act called "High Window."
My "co-stars" were Brenda Harris, Carol Subera and my dear friend to this day, Marlene Dillard (nee Fisk).  I couldn't tell you the plot but it was dramatic and concerned a suicide or murder. In one scene, I had to carry Marlene, for some reason, back to her wheelchair (held by Ms. Subera).  Oh, and do take note of the wonderful set!

The reason I post this is simple.   I would still carry Marlene anywhere she needed to be.   She is a wonderful friend  and we met up again ten years ago at our High School reunion.  (Her terrific husband, John took this photo.)

























Most likely, I won't make it to the reunion this year but in my heart I'll be there.  And that's it.  That's the story.  Just a reminder to hold your friends close, no matter what.  They are the stuff that lives are made of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR