THE TRAY

My sister-in-law, Helen and her terrific sister, "Frankie" were raised on a farm near Harper, Kansas by remarkable parents, Lem and Stella Laird.

Although, I only meet them two or three times, I call them remarkable because of their outlook on life and their caring for the environment.   Lem had planted on their farm, every indigenous tree to Kansas and he could tell you everything about each one of them.  He was a fascinating man.


Lem and Stella were also avid collectors of all sorts of things.   They had different types of rocks, stamps from all over, coins, shells and many antiques that suited them.

This gift of collecting was passed down to their daughters and both seemed to concentrate on all things Coca-Cola. (Frankie had a large number of Coke trays.)

And what is all this leading to?  Knowing my love of old movies, I was given a tray (it may have been a duplicate) from Frankie by way of my mother.   It shows Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O'Sullivan (the original Tarzan and Jane) enjoying a coke.   It is one of my "cooler" possessions that I cherish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR