THE FORK

My mother related this story to me because I was too young at the time to remember it.

It seems that when I was first introduced to the use of eating utensils (the baby spoon and fork) I did my best and had mastered each with a bit of skill (I was told).

However, one evening when we were having supper (I assume I was in a highchair), I accidentally dropped my fork.   My mother slapped my hand, picked it up and placed it back in front of me.

She said I did not cry but was slightly stunned by what had happened.

Within minutes, as we continued to "dine," my mother accidentally dropped her fork.

My father slapped her hand, retrieved the fork and put it on her plate.

No words were spoken but a point had been made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR