THE DISNEY CONNECTION

Born in 1941, I was not aware of some of the early films in my youth (although I've seen them all now).  My earliest recollection of Disney (in a theater) is "Song of the South" in 1946, and "So Dear to My Heart" in 1948.  These were both live action films with some cartoon sequences.  And they opened my eyes to great storytelling.

Then, in 1950, the fully animated "Cinderella" burst upon the scene.  Pure magic for this nine-year old.   And it had a special connection to me.   It was right there when the Fairy Godmother sang her transformative song, "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" and sent the heroine off to the ball.

She sang "......Yes, Salagadoola means mechicka booleroo but the think mabob that does the job is Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"

"Mechicka booleroo.?"   Booleroo?  Boo LaRue!    I was in heaven!  Disney had immortalized me! Years later I found out they had spelled my name wrong.  But, I forgave them. And it's still one of my favorite animated films.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BERNADETTE

PUZZLES, CONTESTS AND SUCH

THE BEAR